Tuesday 19 July 2011

Bright v Plain

I love these shoes because they are so insanely yellow. I have narrow feet and skinny ankles so my shoes must always have straps (more on that in future posts). I tend to wear a lot of t-bar shoes and mary janes. It's nice to get shoes that fit in such cheerful bright colours.

Tip: If straps rub because they are thin cut a strip of felt the width of the strap and glue to the back of it with craft glue or superglue. As you can see I have added a little to the inside of this pair and it is barely visible. It's also less sticky and more accurate than gel strips which tend to be one size fits all.

Shoes - Topshop via ebay

Flower hair clips - H&M
So that was bright. Now for plain. I bought this 100% silk shirt in a charity shop. I love silk. It's such a pretty fabric and picks up fabric dye well too.


Cat - gift, Shirt - Warehouse via charity shop, Rose brooch - Anna Lou

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the shirt, I think it would look great with a high waisted full skirt, but then i'm in a skirts mood :). And I still love all your shoes.

    ReplyDelete