Thursday 28 July 2011

Imperfections

I found the following in the same charity shop in my lunch break today. They are all lovely things but need a bit of work. Firstly, the dress is homemade (perhaps vintage); the hem stitches unprofessional and the lining slightly puckered. It's also too small for me but a bit of adjusting and tidying up will sort that out. The gloves are a great colour but the gun used to punch the price tickets in the charity shop punched tiny unrepairable holes in the leather. I will have to add some trim to them to cover the marks as well as reshape them. The silk scarf is frayed at the edges but a border of satin ribbon in the matching blue will encase the frayed edges and make it good as new. The cardi is perfect and almost new but I may change the buttons. These would suit the colour. As would these.




No comments:

Post a Comment