Saturday 30 July 2011

Roots grow deep in the dark

When I saw these leather gloves they reminded me of Ekaterin from the Vorkosigan Saga books. They are green and as a gardener Ekaterin should have green thumbs. They are sturdy and hardwearing enough to wear for light gardening as well as normal winter gloves.

They were however a little plain for my style so I added some heart patches. Perhaps Ekaterin would do this if she liked to sew. I can imagine walking through a bare garden with these cute patches on my gloves and feeling hopeful. After the events of Komarr Ekaterin might think back to what happened; think of Miles' flair for the dramatic and her desire to grow and decide to make the gloves cheerier. In a small inexpensive way.

Leather gloves - charity shop & selfmade




See Monday's post for the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment