Sunday 22 January 2012

Bits and Bobs

Here's the last of the things I found in charity shops this week.

This brooch reminds me of the jewellery worn by Tudor aristocrats and the necklace in the film Stardust. It would be great pinned on a beret or with added feathers to make a hair clip/fascinator. 


I like how these bows are knitted/woven rather than printed onto the knit. It gives the fabric a reversible effect and looks less tacky. I have plenty of cardis but I was pleasantly surprised at the fabric quality. 


This little jacket was altered from a blazer by the folks at Blue Rinse. I hadn't heard of them before but was curious who had altered this so neatly so looked them up. I wonder how it turned up in a charity shop far from Leeds and Manchester. I had to move the button across as it was a bit big so may add another button to the left of the existing one to add symmetry, changing them to some nice diamante or brass ones.


I expected to have to alter this skirt, taking it out at the waist and shortening it but it just about fits and is a nice length. Win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment