Wednesday 29 April 2015

Today's Dress: Pockets

Today's dress I bought on eBay in 2012 for £5. I wanted a cotton dress with front flat pockets under £10 including postage. I settled on this 1980s one. The dress arrived many inches bigger than its described measurements and smelling of cigarette smoke. Not to be deterred, I gave it a white wine vinegar bath to neutralise the smell before machine washing. I shortened it to knee length, took in the back by lengthening and widening the back darts and added darts at the front from the waist to bust to give it some shape. I chose to not take in the waist, making it a comfortably baggy dress for buffets and "can't be bothered" dress days.

1980s Dress - eBay




Belt - Charity shop
Earrings - eBay
Cardigan - charity shop
Coat - Zara

Shoes - Clarks
A photo from 2012
I took this dress in by a few inches at the back...
...and added front darts.

No comments:

Post a Comment