Saturday 28 January 2012

This Smart Dress

I got this Reiss peplum dress from a charity shop for £10. It's smart, the right length for wearing to work, has deep pockets, neat button details and is nicely lined but I can't imagine paying c.£195 for it. It looks pretty new - I wonder who could afford to buy it and just give it away. Crazy! It also needs serious adjusting at the back. The back is much too big for me and even with it adjusted it will be too big at the waist. This is where it being well made works against me - there will be much unpicking of seams tomorrow. Taking in the waist without having to remake the belt, button and tab details is pretty much impossible. Since they're so well made already, I'm going to be lazy and just wear a belt with it. 




Me figuring out how much to taper the back in by:



No comments:

Post a Comment