Thursday 2 February 2012

Design Process

One dress from the vintage store: Fits my back perfectly, needs 1-2 inches more at waist, and 6 inches more at bust. Sometimes I draw sketches/diagrams to think out how I will do things.


I plan to cut down the front and insert fabric. I am deciding between green with polka dots and floral.


Basically adding a diamond shape piece of fabric to the front. Here I figure out what needs to be done in terms of how much fabric needs to be added and where.


Then I work on design and make it look good. Scallops!


Here I figure out how to add a long strip of pleated fabric down the centre of the skirt.




Next I cut patterns from newspaper.



Parallel lines mark where it will be attached to the dress.


Next to buy the fabric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment